The Nahargarh Fort CaptivaTour is the best way to visit this terrific hilltop fort overlooking the city of Jaipur. Nahargarh itself is a must see – get away from the more touristy Amer Fort and spend time exploring the palace and enjoying the views. Nothing like a drink at the Padao restaurant as the sun sets over Jaipur city to cap off a perfect day!
Nahargarh was built to guard over the city of Jaipur, and provide a fortification to which the city residents could escape to in case of attack. However, for the bulk of its existence it served as a pleasure palace and retreat for the Jaipur royals – in itself a testament to how secure Jaipur was due to its carefully choses alliances that helped it navigate the various political upheavals in North India.
The tour includes
– Over 30 minutes of audio content and
– Over 35 photos, charts and diagrams, covering
– 5 points of interest within the fort
– Interactive map showing your location and
– Restrooms and the best photo spots